“Prison design affects how inmates experience the conditions of their detention”
Despite historical interest for the construction of prisons, much is unclear about how prison design affects detainees. Researchers Karin Beijersbergen, Anja Dirkzwager, Peter van der Laan and Paul Nieuwbeerta have investigated the relationship between the design of Dutch prisons and the way detainees experience their detention.
(This Factsheet is only available in Dutch.)
- Deterrence versus procedural justice. Successfully reducing reoffending - September 2, 2019
- Determinants and consequences of a procedurally just treatment of prisoners - January 20, 2016
- Prisoners’ mental and physical health - January 20, 2016
- Prison design and detention experience - January 19, 2016
- The social network of detainees - February 19, 2015