Several studies have shown that the social network has an impact on people’s lives and their living conditions. An important role in this is played by people who are closest to us; the so-called core network.
To date, there have mainly been studies on the core network of the general population. The core network of criminals remained untested. NSCR researchers Ruben de Cuyper, Anja Dirkzwager and Peter van der Laan together with colleagues Beate Völker and Paul Nieuwbeerta examined the core network of male detainees (between 18 and 65 years) prior to their detention.
(This Factsheet is only available in Dutch.)
- Deterrence versus procedural justice. Successfully reducing reoffending - September 2, 2019
- Determinants and consequences of a procedurally just treatment of prisoners - January 20, 2016
- Prisoners’ mental and physical health - January 20, 2016
- Prison design and detention experience - January 19, 2016
- The social network of detainees - February 19, 2015