The metadata of certain datasets of the Netherlands Institute for the Study of Crime and Law Enforcement are available through the DANS EASY online analysis tool. This tool offers more detailed information on the content of (a selection of) NSCR datasets such as the background, sampling and population. The online analysis tool also facilitates the option to look at the univariate distribution of variables.
Use of NSCR data
Research at the NSCR has resulted in many high-quality datasets. Under certain conditions, data collected by the NSCR are available for use by (international) researchers tied to universities or research institutions. With the availability of its metadata through DANS, the NSCR hopes to stimulate new collaborations with researchers from different disciplines and organizations.
- Young people use alcohol and drugs while hanging out with peers - November 17, 2019
- Adolescent offenders’ current whereabouts predict locations of their future crimes - January 28, 2019
- Football stadium permanent safety risk for the neighbourhood - June 25, 2018
- The Oxford Handbook of Offender Decision Making: insight into criminal behavior - February 5, 2018
- The Oxford Handbook of Offender Decision Making - July 17, 2017
- Crime location choice - October 8, 2016
- NSCR data in EASY online analysis tool - January 19, 2016
Exploring public support for suspended sentences in the Netherlands Journal Article
European Journal of Criminology, 12 , pp. 188-207, 2015.
Reconviction rates after suspended sentences.Comparison of the effects of different types of suspended sentences on reconviction in the Netherlands Journal Article
International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology, 2013.
Minderjarigen en moord en doodslag: moord en doodslag als rationele keuze? Journal Article
pp. 215-227, 2013.