NSCR Seminar on European Security
On 26 May 2016 a seminar on European security, Combating Crime through Understanding the Human Factor, took place in Brussels. This seminar, co-organised by the Netherlands Institute for the Study of Crime and Law Enforcement (NSCR) and Neth-ER, was associated with the Netherlands’ Presidency of the Council of the EU.
Cybercrime and terrorism are at the forefront of the European security agenda. Surprisingly little is known about these crimes, however. This seminar discussed the state of the art of criminological knowledge about these crimes.
Speakers were Catrien Bijleveld (NSCR), Edward Kleemans (Vrije Universiteit), Ernesto Savona (TRANScrime and Università Milan/University of Trento) and Michael Levi (University Cardiff). The seminar for researchers and policy makers was concluded with the presentation of the position paper Terrorism and Cybercrime: the Human Factor.
See also Neth-ER: The human factor in cybercrime and terrorism
Credits picture: Shutterstock
- Annual Report 2017 - April 16, 2018
- NSCR research: world leading and excellent - April 11, 2018
- Adult outcomes of vulnerable youths - January 7, 2018
- NSCR Annual Report 2016 available - May 31, 2017
- Three researchers to receive Research Talent funding - May 29, 2017
- The Farewell to Gerben Bruinsma - May 17, 2017
- Impact of imprisoned mothers on children - November 3, 2016
- NSCR Annual Report 2015 available - June 1, 2016
- Position Paper Terrorism and Cybercrime - May 27, 2016
- Invitation: Seminar on European security - May 17, 2016